A Bunch of Lists
some lists, by TJ
Five Things That Make Me Really Happy
1. Brinkley playing with his Great Dane friend Agusta at the dog park, because neither of them actually know how to do that dog fighting thing, and the other dogs totally kick their asses, but when they play together, they kind of just crash into each other repeatedly and politely give each other the cheek instead of full on jaws.
2. Matching a really good coupon with a really good sale. I don’t know how you can not feel accomplished when you walk out of the grocery store having saved 40%+ on the total.
3. My daily 3 hour sitcom block of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Full House and What I Like About You, and I also like that fact that after all of those are over, I leave the TV on that channel and Phil eventually comes home, and if I”m really quiet, I can turn and catch him watching The Gilmore Girls very intently.
4. Frozen pizza dinner on Friday nights.
5. Good hair days. I don’t have many. That is why I own so much extra hair.
Five Things I Don’t Understand at All
1. People who don’t use coupons or, even worse, sales fliers at the grocery store. How can you not? I mean, it’s free money. That they just want to GIVE to you. I don’t understand how you can not feel like a total chump when there is so much free saving out there for the taking. Of course, I understand that coupons take a lot of time. Luckily, my time is worth next to nothing.
2. That new Stargate show. I mean, I tried to watch it. Damn. I don’t know if I’m just not smart enough, or I don’t know enough background, but I’m pretty sure it’s just REALLY BAD.
3. How the DVR works and what I can and can’t do while it’s recording. I get really upset and paranoid when Phil tries to assure me that my television shows are safe.
4. Why Phil would wake up, open a bunch of windows, pull the blinds over the windows, leave the house, then text me three hours later and ask if I like how cold it is. SERIOUSLY?
5. People who always manage to have good hair days.
Five Things I Need to Do Today
1. Finish up some study guides for some people who have an very important test coming up. That’s my special talent. Making study guides.
2. Clip and organize a whole bunch of coupons. See above. Because I plan on making some grocery stores my bitch this weekend.
3. Make a batch of sesame noodle sauce so I don’t have to be bothered over the weekend. Have you tried that Pioneer Woman recipe yet? Because we eat the hell out of those things. A lot. I have to develop some cooking skills, though, so I can figure out how to tweak it so that it’s a little less oily, when almost all the ingredients are oil.
4. Clean out the fridge and freezer, but let’s be honest, I probably won’t.
5. Deep condition my hair to ensure future good hair days. IT PROBABLY WON’T WORK.
Five Things I Would Like to Get Done This Weekend
1. Clean the bedroom. I mean, CLEAN it. You have no idea, Internet, but Phil hasn’t seen his bedroom floor since I moved in, and he’s secretly building up internal resentment. He says he’s totally not, but I KNOW these things.
2. Get the Jillian Michaels DVD out of the laptop, which refuses to give it up, I think because it feels very protective of me. Seriously. The second I put it in there to peek at Jillian, the MacBook stopped recognizing that it has a DVD drive. Which, actually, is not funny at all. And we’ll be going to an Apple store. Because damnit.
3. Move the furniture in the bedroom in such a manner that I stop dropping the clickers and my glasses down the side of the bed every night. That’s why I have so many pairs of glasses. Once all three are back there, I have Phil fish them all out.
4. Put up some shelves in the bedroom because, come on, we’ve had them sitting around for months.
5. Get a hair cut, but I’m supposed to be growing it out, so I probably won’t, but I will probably cut my bangs over the bathroom sink again and that’s always funny for a day or two.
Five Sites I Have Recently Enjoyed Mightily
Now you can tell me five things. Only five, though. I get to tell a lot of things because it’s my blog. You only get to tell five. And you? Person who is going to tell 4 or 6 or some other number to be all defiant and funny? I’m calling you out in advance for being so predictable. FIVE!
**Also – I’m working on the final touches for my Becoming People Who Comment project that should be starting on Monday, barring any unforseen laziness. I hope you will want to participate. There won’t be prizes. Sorry.**